[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  Steve Yates <steve at teamits dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RE: Upgrading 1.2 to 1.3
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jul 2010 16:40:17 -0400
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Steve Yates <steve at teamits dot com> wrote:
>        Tried to upgrade today with tragic results.  When we restart on 1.32, it boots and looks
fine but we usually don't have communication to the m0n0wall from the Optional (bridged) interface
and get 30-60% packet loss to the WAN (to the ISP's router, in our office).  We tried changing NICs
(driver rl0->dc0, OPT1 enabled and re-bridged) and cables and get the same result.  Communicating to
the m0n0wall on the LAN interface works fine.

You need advanced outbound NAT with bridging in 1.3x because of the
way bridging functions differently in newer FreeBSD versions.
Otherwise the traffic out of the bridged interface gets NATed which
causes all kinds of issues.