[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: Upgrading 1.2 to 1.3
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:35:30 -0500
Thanks Lee and Chris.  I did eventually get it working.  About the 6th or maybe 10th time I removed
and re-added the 1:1 NAT rule it started working, and hasn't stopped.  I have no idea why.  Before
then each time I added it, I lost communication, and each time I removed 1:1 NAT, it came back.

	Aside from that, the ISP's router needed to be powered off, which I had already done once earlier
in the evening.  Grrr....

	So we are now using 1:1 NAT with a public IP on the m0n0wall, a 1:1 rule to our private IP for a
second public IP, and other hosts using private IPs as well.  The whole Optional interface/bridge is
disconnected.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Do you realize how many holes there could be if people would just take the time to take the dirt
out of them?

~ Taglines by Taglinator: www.srtware.com ~