[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] RE: Upgrading 1.2 to 1.3
 Date:  Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:38:51 -0500
Chris Buechler wrote on Fri, Jul 16 2010 at 8:49 pm:

> the external, and a private IP as the internal, all communication past the ISP's
> router seems to stop.
>
> Likely ARP cache on the ISP's router, and/or missing proxy ARP.

	Maybe but it's not like I was adding new IPs.  Maybe it was just confused over the change in MAC
addresses for the IP?  Proxy ARP is added when adding a 1:1 rule, but I tried it both ways at the
time.  Very frustrating afternoon.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - A Smith & Wesson beats four aces every time.

~ Taglines by Taglinator: www.srtware.com ~