[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Nathaniel B. Lyon" <nate dot lyon at nfldwifi dot net>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Appliance to install m0n0wall on
 Date:  Sat, 17 Jul 2010 20:50:40 -0500
Hello,

We are looking for an appliance to install m0n0wall onto.  We are aware that there are current
appliances that can be purchased, but were kind of wanting something more under the hood in terms of
CPU speed and memory.

Right now with our current firewall we are averaging roughly 400Mbps, peaking at just under 600Mbps.
 We feel our current firewall is nearing its end of life.  Any hardware recommendations?  We'd like
to stay away from server based/PC based options so we can achieve wire speed.  Nothing on our
network is NAT'd.  We would also like to possibly take advantage of the layer 7 filtering so CPU is
a concern.

Thoughts?  Recommendations?

Thanks all,