[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dexter Filmore <Dexter dot Filmore at gmx dot de>
 To:  M0n0wall list <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VDSL (german Telekom): m0n0 ok?
 Date:  Sun, 25 Jul 2010 21:54:56 +0200
I'll move to german Telekom's VDSL 25 soon, will m0n0 handle that ok?

I read in a rather old forum posting that there were some problems with the
entertainment package since IPTV broadcast are sent by unicast for the first
few seconds then switches to multicast which m0n0wall is said (at least in
2008) not to be able to handle without an IGMP proxy (whatever tha latter
means).

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Dex