[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Janos Dohanics <web at 3dresearch dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FTP: Firefox can list, Explorer cannot
 Date:  Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:51:50 -0400
On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 22:20:12 -0400
Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> On 08/01/2010 05:50 PM, Janos Dohanics wrote:
> > I cannot get directory listing when logged in to my FTP server using
> > Internet Explorer, but I can get directory listing Firefox or
> > Filezilla.
>
> This is an active vs passive FTP problem.

Right - it's passive FTP I'd like to make work with Explorer.

> You may have to manually
> set the client, or forward a range of ports to the server.

That's what I can't figure out. According to Microsoft
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323446), one must uncheck the
"Enable folder view for FTP sites check box" and check the "Use Passive
FTP" box. FWIW though, IE sends "pasv" whether the "Enable folder view
for FTP sites check box" is checked or not. No directory listing
though, either way.

However, I just noticed entries like these in the firewall log:

Aug  2 12:23:00 10.10.10.2 ipmon[96]: 12:22:59.997617 sis0 @0:25 b
10.10.10.251,2121 -> 72.95.209.5,2553 PR tcp len 20 53 -AP IN

10.10.10.2 = m0n0wall
10.10.10.251,2121 = FTP server
72.95.209.5 =  FTP client
sis0 = LAN interface
rule @0:25 = @25 block in log quick proto tcp from any to any

So, rule @25 blocks any tcp to any on sis0 - but I only have the
default (permissive) rule on the LAN interface for traffic originating
from the LAN...

--
Janos Dohanics
<web at 3dresearch dot com>