[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Server NAT with multiple IPs allows too much traffic
 Date:  Fri, 13 Aug 2010 14:00:53 -0500
I wrote:
> 	I started to look at firewall rules to block the unwanted port redirections.
> Unfortunately I'm not sure that will work either.  The logged packet has a source
> of the remote IP, and the destination is the LAN IP.  How would I set up a rule to
> block incoming traffic for just one WAN IP?

	The best I could come up with was to block ports on the router/firewall upstream from the m0n0wall.

	I did determine that if one sets up a NAT rule using a secondary WAN IP, it does not apply to the
primary WAN IP.  In the XML config file, the general NAT rules that end up applying to all WAN IP
addresses lack an "<external-address>" section.

Steve