[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN problem
 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:17:03 +0200
Mikael Bak wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> In the most recent version of m0n0wall (v1.32) there seem to be a
> problem with PPTP VPN connections.
>
> If I connect, work and then disconnect it seem the connection does not
> hang up. I have to wait about 10 minutes until I can connect again.
>
> I have been able to reproduce this of two different locations both
> running v1.32. It's ALIX hw if that matters.
>
> I have another site running an earlier version of m0n0wall (v1.3) and
> I'm not able to reproduce the problem on that one.
>
> Have I found a bug perhaps?

To clarify,

The problem described above appears to happen only if two different
computers try to connect to the same VPN one after the other.

Connecting from the same computer after hangup seems to work OK.

I have tested client machines running Ubuntu 8.04 and WinXP SP3 both
with latest patches applied.

I would be very happy if anyone can confirm if they can reproduce this
problem or not.

TIA,
Mikael Bak