[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Monowall VPN with two dynamic IPs
 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 2010 02:53:22 -0400
On 09/26/2010 08:00 PM, Heinz Teichmann wrote:
> Is Monowall still under development?

Yes.  It gets less activity than some projects as it is very stable.

> Is there a chance it will be fixed one day?

If you can define what is "broke."  A statement of "This does not work
the way I want it to" is not broke...

> I tried so many things until I realized that the Tunnel always authenticates against the old IP.
There is a "dns-resolve-frequency" kind-of parameter somewhere but that one seems not to work
correctly.

Um...  No...  I do have it working on a pipe with one static and one
dynamic IP, and it magically seems to find it when it changes, so your
statement is incorrect. I have not tested it with two dynamic IPs,
however, so I do not know if there is an issue.  I do know, however,
that your trouble report is not totally correct.

> The connection works perfect between two AVM Fritzbox 3270 and a Billion 7402NX. But their
firewall is shit.

Good to know.

> So I can choose now what I want. Working firewall or working VPN.

There may be a few other choices, but whatever makes you happy

> I thought many users might have the same situation with two dynamic IPs?  :s

I am sure there are.  Some of them may even be working with m0n0wall.
However, your trouble report is missing a lot of information we might
need to help you.  Like all of it.

Also, attacking the devs on there own list is not a good way to endear
you to them.

			Lee
(A tad ornery tonight...  It has been a rough working weekend.)