[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  GD Incorporation <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  "'YvesDM'" <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "'m0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Firewall Rules by MAC Address. IS it possible?
 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 2010 16:13:11 +0700
All I am saying is

How many people... I mean, just regular pc users would know how to execute
such command? Plus, no one in other than computer department in any company
would want to use linux? Mostly just windows or mac. Changing MAC address on
mac or windows is not that easy. But changing IP in Windows is just too
easy.

Most of my users are windows users.

So that is why, for me, having mac filter in firewall rule would help so
much.

Rendra