[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN problem
 Date:  Mon, 30 Aug 2010 16:12:26 +0200
Lee Sharp wrote:
> On 08/30/2010 07:39 AM, Mikael Bak wrote:
>
>> I'm sure the limitation is about connecting two computers from the same
>> LAN at the same time, isn't it?
>>
>> I am talking about connecting the second computer right after the first
>> one has hung up the VPN connection.
>>
>> Are we still talking about the same thing?
>
> Yes.  The first connection is still in the state table for a bit, so a a
> second computer has to wait for that to time out.
>
>             Lee

Lee,
Thanks a lot for explaining this to me. I was just about going crazy :-)

Is there any possibility that newer versions of m0n0wall keeps this kind
of connections longer in the state table than older did?

I am almost 100% sure that v1.3 of m0n0wall dropped VPN connections from
the state table sooner than v1.32 does.

Is this maybe something anyone else can confirm?

TIA,
Mikael