[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  VLANs not working on 1.32...
 Date:  Thu, 02 Sep 2010 00:10:49 +0100
Hi,

I'm currently running 1.236 but would like to switch to 1.32 so that I
can filter incoming VPN traffic however I can't seem to get the VLANs to
work under 1.32!

I have three interfaces: xl0 = WAN, xl1 = OPT1 and fxp0 which has VLANs
enabled.  LAN is on vlan0 (VLAN ID 1) along with additional OPT
interfaces on different VLANs.

Under 1.236 this all works as expected.  I've installed 1.32 on a
separate CF card, restored the 1.236 config but can't get a LAN connection.

If I reassign the interfaces so that LAN is untagged on fxp0 I can
connect to the firewall (after plugging it into an untagged switch port)
but as soon as I configure a VLAN on the interface for LAN I lose
connectivity.

Has anyone seen this before or got any suggestions?  I'd love to get
this working so that I can filter incoming VPN traffic.  At the moment
I'm running the VPN on my Cisco router but would prefer to have it
running on the firewall.

Many thanks in advance,

Neil.