[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Damir Simpovic <damir at atus dot hr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  weird kernel messages on m0n0wall 1.2.31
 Date:  Tue, 12 Oct 2010 20:02:43 +0200
hi all,

I'm  getting  some  weird  kernel  messages in system logs, the box is
spamming them at approx 1/sec rate

/kernel: arp: <insert my outside ip here> is on fxp0 but got reply from 00:21:d8:56:a8:3a on xl0

m0n0wall  version  1.231 generic-pc (tried to upgrade it to the latest
verison  but  for  some  reason  it  just reboots after a "successful"
upgrade and remains 1.231)

so  far  the box itself was humming great without a single problem for
years  however  the  company  moved  to another location and the telco
moved  their  FO  line with the company a week ago and that's when the
problems started.

hardware:
1.2GHz P3
128MB ram
generic hdd
2  interfaces  (well, 3 but one is not physically connected I just put
it  there  in  case  i  ever  needed it so I wouldn't need to take the
machine out of the rack and break it apart)

any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

--
Best regards,
 Damir Simpovic, ing.                      mailto:damir at atus dot hr