[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  GD Incorporation <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Help!!! cannot access other ports
 Date:  Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:40:01 +0700
Dear all m0n0wallist
I just set up a newest stable version of m0n0wall using usb drive.
Everything was working OK until I tried to set up NAT to our server. The
server internal address is I want to be able to do remote
desktop to the server MPV and also access my apache tomcat. On Omega server,
I wanted to access via telnet.
So far, the only server I can access is just the firewall, I cannot access
any other server behind the firewall. I checked the address is correct and
the internal server can be seen and accessed internally. If I connect the
cable from ISP directly and assign the given external address, then i can
access that particular server (which was connected to the ISP modem
I wonder if I set something incorrectly.
Please help and thank you
The firewall rules are as follow, for now I set to open all:
Proto               Source                       Port
Destination         Port               Description
  *                    RFC 1918 networks    *                    *
*                    Block private networks
 TCP/UDP        *                               *    80 (HTTP)       NAT Firewall   (disabled)
 TCP/UDP        *                               *       3389               NAT MPV Remote Server     (disabled)
 TCP/UDP        *                               *       23 (Telnet)       NAT Omega server  (disabled)
 TCP/UDP        *                               *       8080               NAT MPV Web Server  (disabled)
 ICMP              *                               *                     *
*                     Open Ping Port  (disabled)
 *                     *                               *
*                       *                     Allow All  (enabled)
Here is the NAT entries:
If           Proto        Ext. port range       NAT IP              Int.
port range       Description
WAN     TCP/UDP  23 (Telnet)          23 (Telnet)
Omega server
WAN     TCP/UDP  777                 80 (HTTP)
WAN     TCP/UDP  888                    8080
MPV Web Server
WAN     TCP/UDP  999                    3389
MPV Remote Server