[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Damir Simpovic <damir at atus dot hr>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] weird kernel messages on m0n0wall 1.2.31
 Date:  Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:46:00 +0200
Hello Lee,

> On 10/12/2010 02:02 PM, Damir Simpovic wrote:
>> /kernel: arp:<insert my outside ip here>  is on fxp0 but got reply from 00:21:d8:56:a8:3a on xl0

> You have a network loop.  Somehow your outside network is also on your
> inside network.  Look for a new Ethernet patch cord.

You  were right thanks man. The telco have their switch divided into 3
vlan's;   for  voice, outside network and their management network. In
the  old office I had all the computers plugged into the wall and into
my  own  switch (ie lan), now I have to use the phone's jack to access
my  LAN,  but  they  configured it with the outside network. Since the
switches are cascaded I got both the outside and the inside network in
one  broadcast  domain.  I  asked  them  to  add another vlan to their
switch/phones that should solve the problem.

> You need to do a step upgrade as the 1.3x branch is too large to fit in
> the space of the 1.2x branch.  You need to upgrade to 1.3b7 (If I
> remember correctly) in between.

I'll do that as soon as i get the loop sorted, thanks for the tip.

>> 2  interfaces  (well, 3 but one is not physically connected I just put
>> it  there  in  case  i  ever  needed it so I wouldn't need to take the
>> machine out of the rack and break it apart)

> Planning ahead is against company policy. ;)

It's   my  own NIC haha :) I sincerely doubt the management would have
seen it my way. This is cheaper on my nerves and easier.

thanks again folks,

--
Best regards,
 Damir Simpovic, ing, CCNA                         mailto:damir at atus dot hr