[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ayman bs <ammoun2005 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Special captive portal
 Date:  Sat, 23 Oct 2010 02:54:01 +0200
Hi,

Suppose I have a wireless network, with different AP linked to a
router-modem (same device). I decided that, internet access should be
granted to only clients with logins. I don't want them to exchange
logins (so 1 MAC to 1 Logins).

I thought about installing m0n0wall as a captive portal and I read
about Local User Management which apparently looks like exactly what I
need.

Besides, could you suggest an implementation of this system, 1 MAC <=>
1 account, without asking the client for his mac address beforehand.
How to get the MAC address of the first NIC to log in with a fresh
made account? How to add it later as a rule in logging process in
addition to valid username and password.

I would be pleased with any of your suggestions and advices

Thanks