[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Multi-IP DNS
 Date:  Mon, 25 Oct 2010 09:02:35 -0400
It is Monday, early, and I have had no coffee...  So I can't even
properly search for my problem.  I am also fully expecting a "Ha ha ha
ha... No." answer... :)

I have a m0n0wall box with several subnets.  My big samba server is also
multi-homed in both the LAN subnet, and the secure WiFi subnet.  It is
set as the WINS server.  That all works fine.  However, I have a web
server on it, and the dns forwarder points to the IP on the LAN subnet.
  When I am trying to hit it from the secure WiFi, even with the
firewall wide open, it fails as the routing dies...  Any way to have the
DNS forwarder return the local IP for each subnet?

Is that clear, or do I need another cup and try to frame it again? :)

			Lee