[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin <melvin at sleepydragon dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multi-IP DNS
 Date:  Tue, 26 Oct 2010 22:10:14 -0400
On 10/26/2010 11:44 AM, Steve Yates wrote:
> Lee Sharp wrote on Mon, Oct 25 2010 at 12:21 pm:
>
>> I want the user on opt1
>> to pull 192.168.2.10 instead of 192.168.1.10 from DNS.
> 	You would need to run a second DNS server on the opt1 subnet to get a different DNS result.  That
DNS server could handle that one domain/hostname and forward everything else to the m0n0wall.

> 	However I think you should be able to add a static route so the 192.168.2.x subnet can talk
through the m0n0wall to the 192.168.1.x subnet.

> --
>
> Steve Yates
> ITS, Inc.
Depending on what package is providing DNS you may be able to use
different views.  That would/can provide different answers to the same
question depending on where the query came from.  I can't claim any
expertise on the matter, but I'm investigating something similar at the
office to solve and internal/external issue.

Melvin