[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0 ptpp VPN / Android
 Date:  Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:55:14 -0500
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Frederic Breitwieser
<frederic at woodbridgedata dot com> wrote:
> I'm curious if any of you might have successfully connected on of these
> newer Android phones to m0n0wall via the ptpp VPN.
>
> We have many internal applications that are used and granting access by VPN
> to these devices would open a whole new world for us.
>
> Particularly, the Sprint Epic 4G (Samsung) device.
>
> I've tried the built-in VPN client of the EPIC however it doesn't connect.
> Windows and Linux desktops connect just dandy from anywhere so I'm guessing
> it might be the built-in VPN client?

I believe it may vary depending on the Android version. I have an
iPhone personally which works no problem, but I know there are some
Android compatibility issues noted here that are the same on all
m0n0wall versions.
http://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Android_VPN_Connectivity

Pretty sure that is not consistent across all Android versions,
explaining Neil's experience.