[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Lloyd <brian dash wb6rqn at lloyd dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPv6 DHCP configuration problem, 6RD
 Date:  Sat, 13 Nov 2010 09:04:58 -0800
I am not sure if my first message reached the list. I find that my messages to this list often
disappear.

I found that, if using 6to4 I cannot configure IPv6 DHCP (DHCP6). Apparently DHCP6 looks at the LAN
interface's v6 address to verify that the assigned pool is in the interface's subnet, which doesn't
work because there is no address in the v6 address box for the interface.

My workaround was to change the config of the LAN interface to static, statically set the proper v6
address into the LAN interface, configure DHCP6 on the LAN interface, then go back and reconfigure
the LAN interface to run 6to4. It works but it is ugly.

Is anyone thinking of implementing 6RD in m0n0wall?

--
Brian Lloyd                         3191 Western Drive
brianl AT lloyd DOT com             Cameron Park, CA 95682

PGP key ID:          EEBBCEB1BD0671C0
PGP key fingerprint: 3E8B 35BC F840 3288 AAB4  9E44 EEBB CEB1 BD06 71C0