[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using VPN PPTP over WAN
 Date:  Sun, 14 Nov 2010 15:36:56 -0500
On 11/14/2010 11:09 AM, Victor Di Girolamo wrote:

>> This is all we needed right here.  If you block private networks, and your WAN port is on a
private network...  The rule is blocking everything because everything is coming from a private
network.

> 100% right!! I put the pppoe setting in the mono, plug my modem in and my website get online in a
minute. Thats one thing fix lol. I am still not able to connect to the vpn over WAN. I open GRE
proto from any to my lan ip address (192.168.1.1) under WAN interface and forward port TCP 1723 also
on 192.168.1.1 using a inbound NAT with auto add rules. Now when i try to connect (using Windows 7
client) i see that the connection stock at "verifying user name and password" error 619, of course
when a try to connect when i'm on WiFi interface (192.168.3.1) everything work fine. I certify that
port 1723 pass trough the firewall by monitoring the log when i try to connect over WAN but i never
saw any thing using GRE proto... I google about that problem and i realize it's kind of common for
VPN connection but i could not find any solution for my situation (monowall using built in VPN
server). I tried so many configuration now I don't know where to search.

> If you have any idea, please let me know !!

Bringing this back to the list, as more people than me may have ideas...

First, is m0n0wall your VPN server, or is something else?  If it is
m0n0wall, why are you port forwarding, and to where?

			Lee