[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Lloyd <brian at lloyd dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem with IPv6 DHCP when using 6to4
 Date:  Wed, 17 Nov 2010 07:27:09 -0800
I found that, if using 6to4, I cannot configure IPv6 DHCP (DHCP6).
Apparently DHCP6 looks at the LAN interface's v6 address to verify that the
assigned pool is in the interface's subnet, which doesn't work because there
is no address in the v6 address box for the interface.

My workaround was to change the config of the LAN interface to static,
statically set the proper v6 address into the LAN interface, configure DHCP6
on the LAN interface, then go back and reconfigure the LAN interface to run
6to4. It works but it is ugly.

Is anyone thinking of implementing 6RD in m0n0wall?

--
Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
3191 Western Dr.