[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  GD Incorporation <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  "'YvesDM'" <ydmlog at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Virtual LAN?
 Date:  Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:48:53 +0700
-----Original Message-----
From: YvesDM [mailto:ydmlog at gmail dot com]
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 4:28 PM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 3:24 AM, GD Incorporation
<rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com> wrote:

> Hi Lee
>
> I think my undestanding was rather faulty. But I understand that you
> need VLAN capable Switch to do VLAN tagging. However, from some
> people's advices I think I want to try installing 3rd NIC for the opt1
> LAN interface. Then I will connect all the groups that is not supposed
> to go to the internet on the opt-1 NIC and control their access. Would
> that be a cheaper solution than buying VLAN Capable Switch?
>
> Thanks
> Rendra

Yes, you can do this perfectly this way.
Just remember you will have to setup the appropiate firewall rules to
prevent internet access and allow / not allow access to the LAN subnet,
whatever you desire.

kind regards
Y.

Thank you to all you who has given me such valuable insights :)

Rendra