[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Troels Schmidt" <ts at vikadata dot dk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  SV: [m0n0wall] CF Failure?
 Date:  Fri, 26 Nov 2010 10:23:47 +0100
|Hi all,
|

|I've got a net45xx unit at a clients that I just upgraded to 1.32, the
upgrade
|went fine but my vpn to it would not come up after it rebooted.
|
|After driving to the site I found the unit to be up and running just fine.
|
|Everything looked good when I got into the GUI but the vpn wasn't passing
|traffic. I hit the Save button on the ipsec page to restart raccoon and got
this
|error on a blank white page:
|

|Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for /conf/config.xml (errno=2 - No such
file or
|directory) in /etc/inc/config.inc on line 154 Warning:
|
|fopen(/cf/conf/config.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or
directory in
|/etc/inc/config.inc on line 655 Unable to open config.xml for writing in
|
|write_config()
|

|I could go back a page and hit any other page but that error kept coming up
at
|the top of every page. I was able to download the config, it looked fine,
it
|uploaded fine and rebooting cleared the error. Until I tried to make
another
|config change. Same error, rebooting cleared it once again. I am assuming
that
|it is an upcoming failure of the CF card? That part is easy to do if that
is the
|case.
|

|The confusing part is why the vpn is acting strange, the logs said the vpn
was
|up, it had SAD and SPD entries, but I could not ping my home office
m0n0wall.
|I gave up on that as I didn't need to access home from the client but when
|got home, the vpn was up and I can access their computers just fine! Has
|anyone seen a one-way vpn before? I can ping the client but client can't
ping
|me???
|

|Dave

Hi list
Got same problem on 45xx. To add to the description: After reboot everything
works as it is supposed to for about an hour. During this time saving is
possible. After this period we get the same error again when saving changes
to the M0n0. But otherwise operation is ok
What to do
Kind regards
Troels