[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  GD Incorporation <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  "'YvesDM'" <ydmlog at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Internet does not reach the branch via wireless
 Date:  Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:46:07 +0700
Hi Yves:

> Your wireless supplier doesn't know what he's talking about :-) We
replaced many old cisco routers > by m0n0walls in the past to archieve
BETTER performance.
--> Agree... And proven they are wrong.

> Ok, now your problem, which actually isn't related to m0n0wall at all, but
this is SUCH A GREAT LIST where everybody always tries to help others, so
lets go :-) This looks like a gateway problem.
> If you do ifconfig (linux or other posix) or ipconfig/all (if you use
> windows) in a command line of a computer connected to the AP of
> Branch1 or 2, what does it show as gateway?
> It should show the m0n0wall internal ip as gateway, if it doesn't there's
something wrong in your > network setup.
--> The gateway in each computer shows the m0n0wall IP correctly and I can
use the internet.

> Furthermore, I think you configured your UBNT hardware wrong and if you
ever get it working like > > this, it will be pretty low performant.
> Remember that wds setups cut bandwidth by 50% at EVERY hop.
> According to me you should use something like this:
>
> Main Office Switch <--> UBNT Power Bridge Wireless (As Station)
>   (Branch 1) UBNT Nanobridge (As station WDS) (Branch 2) UBNT Nanobridge
(As station wds)

> So you connect both sites directly to the main office.
> This way you save a hop for branch 2 and you will have a lot better
performance on branch 1 & 2
--> This is what I finally set. And it works now :) thanks

Thanks to all who has kindly help me in this matter :)
Rendra