[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Gernot Ritter <gernot at doki dot at>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  till at doki dot at
 Subject:  smtp-gated and proxy-helper
 Date:  Sun, 12 Dec 2010 23:33:15 +0100
Hi there,

I would like to ask for your precious attention reg. smtp-gated or at least it's proxy-helper on
monowall.

Software mentioned could be found here:
http://software.klolik.org/smtp-gated/

Idea is to catch all wan outbound connections to port 25 (and maybe other typical smtp ports) and
reroute them to a lan host running smtp-gated (or maybe even the monowall host itself running
smtp-gated).
This way all outgoing SMTP-connections using no authentication (which are typically spam-bots
contacting open SMTP-relays) could be cut off before even leaving the lan.
Moreover, it would be of great help for identifying infected hosts.

Problem is: I myself do have absolutely no knowledge about development reg. monowall or BSD at all.

Is there anybody willing to provide support getting either the proxy-helper or smtp-gated onto
monowall ?

I am running latest monowall-image on ALIX.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated !

Many TIA,
Gernot