[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Benedikt Thelen <thelenb at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IGMP v2
 Date:  Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:55:08 +0100
Hi everybody
I want to get IP TV at home, for me in Switzerland this means Swisscom
Bluewin TV. I goggled the net a bit and I discovered that the Swisscom
service is not compatible with m0n0wall because they use first
Multicast and then jump over to Unicast when opening the video stream.
To make m0n0wall work with this service IGMP v2 or higher must be
supported.
Is there any way to get IGMP v2 onto m0n0wall? IGMP v3 is supported
from FreeBsd 8.x. I'm more of a Linux guy so i'm not sure what is
supported in FreeBSD 6.2 (m0n0's kernel), can this feature be added
like a module in Linux or is the only way upgrading the m0n0wall
kernel to 8.x or above?

I'm open to any suggestions

Greetings Benedikt Thelen