[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Beat_Flachm=FCller?= <nospam at x4one dot ch>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] set fixed IP with PPoE
 Date:  Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:36:06 +0100
> I'm about to set up a m0n0wall box with PPPoE VDSL Internet access. On the WebGUI, if I choose
PPPoE for the WAN interface, but  I can't enter my static IP, the netmask and the default gateway.

> If I set only the username and password for PPPoE, I get a dynamic IP from my provider. But I
received a /29 range from my provider, which I have to set manually. Is there a way to set a IP
address manually on the m0no0all in connection with PPPoE?

No, but I've never heard of a case where that would be needed. What may be happening is that you're
getting a dynamic WAN IP address to which your (static) /29 is routed. In that case, you can simply
ignore the automatically assigned WAN IP and use your /29 either by assigning it directly to an
interface (LAN or optional) and disabling NAT, or by adding 1:1 or "Server NAT" rules.

- Manuel