[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Simon Baker <simonb at kaizo dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Issues with 1.33b1 / Realtelk devices / Watchguard x series
 Date:  Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:36:13 +0000
Aloha,

Just tried to upgrade one of my watchguards which I'd moved to m0n0wall
a while back ; the new beta version doesn't seem to support my network
cards anymore.  They're definitely realtek cards, I can't recall the
model number at the moment,as I've just wiped out my fw ;-)

Anyways, here's the rather limited info I can provide currently:

After an initial reboot, everything was down and not responding.  Hook
up console (which was also unfun!), the version has updated and also
it's kept the config:

*** This is m0n0wall, version 1.33b1
     built on Wed Dec 29 17:05:36 CET 2010 for generic-pc
     Copyright (C) 2002-2010 by Manuel Kasper. All rights reserved.
     Visit http://m0n0.ch/wall for updates.

     LAN IP address: 10.11.12.225

     Port configuration:

     LAN   -> re1
     WAN   -> re0
     OPT1  -> re2 (Wireless LAN)
     OPT2  -> re3 (HomePlug LAN)
     OPT3  -> re4 (OPT3)
     OPT4  -> re5 (OPT4)

Trying to ping stuff on various segments fails, so 'reset to factory
defaults' and lo and behold my interfaces have disappeared :-(

*** This is m0n0wall, version 1.33b1
     built on Wed Dec 29 17:05:36 CET 2010 for generic-pc
     Copyright (C) 2002-2010 by Manuel Kasper. All rights reserved.
     Visit http://m0n0.ch/wall for updates.

     LAN IP address: 192.168.1.1

     Port configuration:

     LAN   -> sis0
     WAN   -> sis1

Has the recent upgrade to the realtek driver gone awry somehow ?

S.
smime.p7s (8.5 KB, application/pkcs7-signature)