[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Charles Hargrove" <n2nov at n2nov dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IP Encap Problems
 Date:  Wed, 5 Jan 2011 11:34:22 -0500
I have a remote site that I link to that is a gateway for the 44/8
network.  Members of this network are using IPIP encap to route their
packets to/from their home stations.  I have set up a NAT and IPv4 rule to
allow all packets from the gateway address and the 44/8 network.  I did
this because I did not see IP encap (or any possible flavor of it) in the
protocol list for either NAT or firewall rules.  Does anybody have an idea
why this is not working?  Also, I am not getting RIP broadcasts from the
gateway address on my port 520.  Thanks in advance.

--
Charles J. Hargrove - N2NOV
NYC ARECS/RACES Citywide Radio Officer/Skywarn Coord.

NYC-ARECS/RACES Net Mon. @ 8:30PM 147.360/107.2 PL
http://www.nyc-arecs.org and http://www.nyc-races.org

NYDXA SWL & Scanner Net Wed. @ 9PM 147.360/107.2 PL
http://www.n2nov.net

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through
the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified
borders." - Ronald Reagan

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus