[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Louis Desjardins <louis at ldhl dot ca>
 To:  'Cedric Jeanneret' <cjeanneret at internux dot ch>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] squid, squidguardian and so on
 Date:  Mon, 17 Jan 2011 07:32:54 -0500
Mono is not really the platform for what you want to do. It is a great
firewall, not a UTM. For the same purpose you mention, I installed Untangle
in bridge mode behind M0n0wall. It lets me control web sites, protocols,
etc.

My setup requires an additional machine, but it is about as good as I can
have it. UT will run fine on a P4 with 1GB RAM and 2 nics for a home
network. This is not too expensive a proposal. With M0n0, I get one of the
best firewalls there is, and with UT, I have an additional layer of
protection based on activity types.

Hope this helps.

LD