[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael <monowall at encambio dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Still, IPSec VPN with Dyndns hosts
 Date:  Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:45:47 +0100
Hello list,

On Fri., Jan 21, 2011, Michael wrote:
>On Fri., nov 12, 2010, Harbert, Orangebox Networks wrote:
>>In general it does not give me trouble, only sometimes directly after
>>an IP change on my m0n0 side, I can't build up a connection anymore.
>
>Probably there's a bug in the racoon version of m0n0wall. I've even
>updated to 1.33b1 after reading that something relating to dynamic
>IPs and IPSec had been improved (the resolv.conf I think.) Even with
>1.33b1 I'm having the same problems.

I just adjusted the configuration which seems to help in my case.
Since the adjustment, all three m0n0wall routers are indeed able
to exchange traffic through their VPN tunnels even after one of
the three IP addresses change.

The change in the configuration was in the menu Firewall/NAT. If
you choose 'Enable advanced outbound NAT' in the Outbound tab,
then make sure to deselect 'Disable port mapping' in the entries.

When I made this change my VPNs started working (I think.)

Regards,
Michael