[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  ikke <ikke at iki dot fi>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  multiple dhcp addresses on WAN interface
 Date:  Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:21:19 +0200
Hi,

has the situation changed from this thread couple years ago?

http://forum.m0n0.ch/index.php/topic,1511.0.html

I want to get all IPs from my ISP and dedicate those to machines in
intranet. Has anyone made such a setup, where WAN DCHP IPs are 1:1 mapped to
LAN clients?

I was looking for the ARP proxy options, but I couldn't find really an
answer from there. Also WAN settings don't give out such options.

In linux I would just run several clients on the same net interface, on
aliased names:

dhclient eth0
dhclient eth0.1
dhclient eth0.2
dhclient eth0.3
dhclient eth0.4

And then I would dedicate the eth0 to firewall itself, and do 1:1 mapping to
given IPs towards fixed IPs in LAN. So theoretically there is no problem, I
just wonder if monowall GUI is capable of handling such setup.

The setup is needed in environment where neighbors have shared the net
connection, and have identical services they want to run, ie. other one
needs https on 443, the other one wants openvpn also in 443. Also PS3
machines seem to require same ports to several machines.

Any ideas?