[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  egbert at vandenbussche dot nl
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PC-serial or not
 Date:  Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:14:47 +0100
On 15.02.2011, at 22:06, Egbert Jan van den Bussche wrote:

> I was happily using 1.33b2 on a PC with VGA monitor but wanted to see the behaviour on serial port
too. Unfortunately I am not able to find a baudrate that gives readable output in putty. I tried all
baudrates I could imagine. The BIOS only allows for IRQ, not speed. Now I want to go back to the
non-serial firmware but the loaded serial firmware does not allow me to do that (it worked the other
way...). Would be handy if the two PC versions were interchangeable...

> How should I proceed?

Simply rename the generic-pc image to generic-pc-serial-... and upload it - it will then be
accepted.

- Manuel