[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Egbert Jan van den Bussche <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PC-serial or not
 Date:  Tue, 15 Feb 2011 23:19:26 +0100
Op 15-2-2011 23:14, Manuel Kasper schreef:
> On 15.02.2011, at 22:06, Egbert Jan van den Bussche wrote:
>
>> I was happily using 1.33b2 on a PC with VGA monitor but wanted to see the behaviour on serial
port too. Unfortunately I am not able to find a baudrate that gives readable output in putty. I
tried all baudrates I could imagine. The BIOS only allows for IRQ, not speed. Now I want to go back
to the non-serial firmware but the loaded serial firmware does not allow me to do that (it worked
the other way...). Would be handy if the two PC versions were interchangeable...

>> How should I proceed?
>
> Simply rename the generic-pc image to generic-pc-serial-... and upload it - it will then be
accepted.

> - Manuel

Offcause! Thanks Manuel. Less work than re-install.

I even moved the config from the PC to Soekris. Just replaced the
hardware names in the xml file. It worked!

Thanks

Egbert Jan