[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Egbert Jan van den Bussche <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Was: how to reach modem on WAN port
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:31:06 +0100
To continue my thread of Jan, 12:

Well, this is with 1.33b1 on silent PC HW with embedded NIC (for WAN)
and dual INTEL card for LAN and OPT1.

As explaned before I need to reach the modem om say, The
WAN connection is PPPoE, what is translated to PPPoA by the modem (yes,
this modem is a Vigor120). So the address of WAN is PPP assigned.

I tried adding a few lines in the <secondary> block like this

I probably need a nat rule too to reach that network but don't know how.

But I begin to wonder if WAN can have a secondary address at all.
I would expect to see it listed under "status interfaces". It isn't.

Any remarks? Manuel? Can I have secondary IP address on WAN at all? Also
when WAN is on PPP mode?

TIA! Egbert Jan (NL)