[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jakob Schwienbacher <jakob dot schwienbacher at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Was: how to reach modem on WAN port
 Date:  Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:03:39 +0100
Hello Egbert,

I'm not an expert. It's just a proposal/question. For which reason do
you need the IP 192.168.178.254 assigned on the WAN side? As far as i
know it should be enough to set the monowall's WAN interface to PPPoE.
The modem (I don't know this type/model) should be configured as modem
only (bridging) mode. In my opinion this should be enough.

Do you have the possibility to check the PPPoE connection with e.g.
pppoe on Linux or Windows XP's WAN Miniport tool?

Hth

Regards,
Jakob