[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] power consumption: how low can you go?
 Date:  Sun, 13 Mar 2011 21:46:07 -0600
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM, John Smith <jvin248 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I've had these down around 20-25w.

I concur with what John and Lee have said.

By comparison, I have a net5501-70 (Geode) with a pci Intel Pro 1000
GT and Lexar Pro 1GB CF that measures 7W at the wall, but it will
never route 128 Mbps. 80-100 on a good day.

I also have a Supermicro X7SPA-H with and Atom D510, 2 on-board Intel
GBE, 4GB of RAM and SSD, powered by a mini-box M4-ATX PSU that
measures ~18-21W at the wall. With a CF card, less RAM and a better
power brick you might be able to push that figure lower. These boards
are rumoured to route around 300 Mbps running pfsense, but I've never
run it that hard.