[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] power consumption: how low can you go?
 Date:  Sun, 13 Mar 2011 21:46:07 -0600
On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM, John Smith <jvin248 at gmail dot com> wrote:
> I've had these down around 20-25w.

I concur with what John and Lee have said.

By comparison, I have a net5501-70 (Geode) with a pci Intel Pro 1000
GT and Lexar Pro 1GB CF that measures 7W at the wall, but it will
never route 128 Mbps. 80-100 on a good day.

I also have a Supermicro X7SPA-H with and Atom D510, 2 on-board Intel
GBE, 4GB of RAM and SSD, powered by a mini-box M4-ATX PSU that
measures ~18-21W at the wall. With a CF card, less RAM and a better
power brick you might be able to push that figure lower. These boards
are rumoured to route around 300 Mbps running pfsense, but I've never
run it that hard.

db