[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jakob Schwienbacher <jakob dot schwienbacher at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: setting up an IPv6 tunnel
 Date:  Sat, 19 Mar 2011 12:25:28 +0100
Hello Brian,

Fine to hear that your tunnel is working now properly. Since the IPv6
MTU is handled in a different way than in IPv4, I didn't understand it
well right now.

http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_IPv6DatagramSizeMaximumTransmissionUnitMTUFragment.htm

I figured out a MTU size of 1280 (dirty ping & packet size). So I have
the MTU of 1280 on each IPv6 client. I have to do some tests in the
future to understand IPv6 MTU with tunnel configuration. Let me know
your configuration when it works properly.

Thank you,

regards

Jakob