[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nicholas Humfrey <njh at aelius dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Adding static IP to WAN interface in PPPoE mode?
 Date:  Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:35:34 +0000
Hello,

I have a Soekris net4801 board that I am running m0n0wall version 1.33 on. I tried m0n0wall years
ago but moved away to Voyage Linux due to the lack of IPv6 support. Now that m0no0wall supports
IPv6, I am giving it another go and it seems to be working well, thanks!

I have a ZyXEL P-660R-D1 ADSL modem, configured in bridge mode, that is connected directly to
m0n0wall's WAN interface. The WAN interface is configured in PPPoE client mode.

Is there any way to configure a static IPv4 address on the WAN ethernet port, so that I can connect
to the modem's admin interface from my LAN, without having to de-configure the PPPoE client? If not
using the web interface, perhaps through manual editing of config.xml?

Thanks,

nick.