[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Egbert Jan van den Bussche <egbert at vandenbussche dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Adding static IP to WAN interface in PPPoE mode?
 Date:  Sun, 20 Mar 2011 17:49:10 +0100
Op 20-3-2011 17:35, Nicholas Humfrey schreef:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Soekris net4801 board that I am running m0n0wall version 1.33 on. I tried m0n0wall years
ago but moved away to Voyage Linux due to the lack of IPv6 support. Now that m0no0wall supports
IPv6, I am giving it another go and it seems to be working well, thanks!

> I have a ZyXEL P-660R-D1 ADSL modem, configured in bridge mode, that is connected directly to
m0n0wall's WAN interface. The WAN interface is configured in PPPoE client mode.

> Is there any way to configure a static IPv4 address on the WAN ethernet port, so that I can
connect to the modem's admin interface from my LAN, without having to de-configure the PPPoE client?
If not using the web interface, perhaps through manual editing of config.xml?

> Thanks,
>
> nick.

Yes. This is possible but not via the web interface.
You need to add a shell command to the .xml file to add an alias interface.
Furter more jou need to switch on advanced NAT mode and define two Nat
rules.
You might need a static route in your modem to tell it the way to your LAN.
This had been on the list on 20-1-2011 posted bij Anders Hagman. I'm
still using his wonderfull explanation

Egbert Jan NL