[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "GD Incorporation" <golddragoninc at gmail dot com>
 To:  "'Ryan Crisman'" <rcrisman at tentec dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "'David Burgess'" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] M0n0wall and ubiquity Unifi
 Date:  Mon, 16 May 2011 13:16:06 +0700
> Also are you using the guest policy on the UniFi?

- No I don't use guest policy on the Unifi nor the client isolation. My idea
was to connect the Unifi to the current existing network with DHCP Server
from m0n0wall since the Unifi needs DHCP. It worked Ok, I can access the
Unifi using the provided software and the Unifi got the IP address from
DHCP. It is just for some reason, I cannot even ping the machines that uses
local addresses such as my web server or even the m0n0wall server.

Here is the structure of my current network

Internet <-----> m0n0wall server <-----> Ethernet Switch (24 Port) <----->
Web Server

|---> File Server

|---> Unifi 1

|---> Unifi 2

|---> User PCs

Thanks

Rendra

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Rendra Basuki <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
wrote:

Internal IP address for what.....

I have well over 60 of these access points deployed among all my clients
(Mostly Hotels) all use m0n0wall for the firewall

Ryan Crisman
MIS/IT/Webmaster Manager
Ten-Tec, Inc.
1185 Dolly Parton Parkway
Sevierville TN, 37862

--> Internal IP Addresses are the addresses for our web server, m0n0wall
server, etc (the LAN IP). I cannot access these IP Addresses. I wonder if
there is something to do with the IP Mask being 255.255.0.0.

I set the DHCP Server from m0n0wall, and the mask is 255.255.0.0. I can
access Internet OK, but the web server and the m0n0wall server cannot be
accessed using internal IP (LAN).

Thank

Rendra

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:05 AM, David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com> wrote:

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 11:50 PM, GD Incorporation
<golddragoninc at gmail dot com> wrote:

> I have a rather annoying experience. I recently purchased a ceiling access
> point Ubiquity Unifi. One thing I realize is that when I connect to the
> ubiquity, I can access internet find, but for some reasons I do not know,
> cannot access internal IP Addresses.

Do you have client isolation turned on?

db