[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Andy Wodfer <wodfer at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Newbie needs basic help with reject rules
 Date:  Wed, 25 May 2011 09:40:59 +0200
Hi,
I have my first m0n0wall installation up and running and it looks very good.

I have set up things as following:

wan (external ip)

lan 10.0.0.1/24

I have a webserver on the lan at IP 10.0.0.10. I have set up NAT. The server
is being DDOS'ed by a few IP addresses on port 80 and I wan't to reject
these IP adresses and all ports (source+dest).

I'm a little confused about whether putting these reject rules on the WAN or
LAN? I thought WAN was the correct place, but I still see traffic coming
through. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Andy