[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?UTF-8?Q?Simon_Baker=E2=84=A2?= <simonb at kaizo dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPPoE & TunnelBroker.net IPv6 Tunnelling
 Date:  Fri, 24 Jun 2011 12:29:54 +0100
Hi All,

I recently moved house, and what was working before is no longer :-(

Previously my network setup was cable, with ethernet presentation.  No
issues, plug in cable and off I went, configured up IPv6 tunnel, set
endpoints etc and all was working and stable.

Now however I'm connected via ADSL.  I bought a cheap ADSL router
(ADSL-SAR-600E, http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl-sar600e.htm) and set that
up to operate in `Bridge Mode', with the m0n0wall handling
authentication over PPPoE.  This works absolutely fine, a routable IP
address is allocated and everything works, with the exception of the
IPv6 tunnel.

With the IPv6 tunnel, ICMP ping request & replies work as expected, and
initiating TCP connections works as well, however after a very short
period of time the connection fails.  I've tried the simple things, like
dropping the MTU on the PPPoE connection to 1400.

Has anyone else seen similar issues, or have a setup like mine?  I'm
keen to get this working, currently my solution is to simply give the
m0n0wall a static RFC1918 address internally and have the ADSL router do
NAT with a DMZ pass through, however once I start to do other things
(like initiate VPN connections from within the LAN or DMZ) I'm aware I'm
going to run into the "double nat" issues as well....

Regards,

Simon.

--

https://kaizo.org/simonb | @wrongun