[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Farhad Vaid <farhadvaid at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  VPN connected- but cant access LAN completely
 Date:  Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:30:45 -0700
Hi All,

First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for all their posts as
they have helped me with numerous problems. I have somwhat inherited a
monowall setup, and am trying to figure things out from many posts and some
trial and error.

I have been able to set up PPTP connection as well as Mobile IPsec
connections. They connect fine, and I can see the LAN, ping computers,  and
remote desktop in some of the machines.

I have a 2 probems (not sure if they are related)
1. I cannot join computers to the domain from either of these connections. I
am trying to use what SBS says by going to http://connect (that does not
work). I also copied the files to the remote computer, and it had issues
connecting to the domain.

2. I cannot see computers in the network section of windows. I do have
network discovery on. When I am on the LAN, my computer discovers most of
the machines, but on VPN- nothing. I can ping the IP address, but can't use
the host name in the run commnad ( run --> \\hostname. Unfortunately I am
not by a remote machine to give you the error, but was wondering if there is
something common I am missing.

I would love to post log files for help- but I am not even sure how to get,
and which logs will help. LIke i said- completely new to this, as it sort of
fell in my lap.

Thanks!