[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN connected- but cant access LAN completely
 Date:  Wed, 10 Aug 2011 20:44:03 -0500
On 08/10/2011 05:30 PM, Farhad Vaid wrote:

> I have a 2 probems (not sure if they are related)
> 1. I cannot join computers to the domain from either of these connections. I
> am trying to use what SBS says by going to http://connect (that does not
> work). I also copied the files to the remote computer, and it had issues
> connecting to the domain.

Joining the domain takes place at the system lever, and VPN takes place
at the user level.  You can not join the domain because you are not on
the network at that level.

> 2. I cannot see computers in the network section of windows.

Windows will not brows accross subnets withour a WINS server.  You can
define a WINS server in your VPN setup, and then you can see systems
that also use that WINS server.

			Lee