[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Anders Hagman <anders dot hagman at netplex dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Alias address and DHCP
 Date:  Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:16:51 +0200
Hi

Before I had a static address to my provider and a alias address on the WAN port.
The alias address is used to be able to reach my ADSL modem.
Now my provider has changed to DHCP and because of that I get a problem
after reboot.
The alias address is active on the interface before the dhcp address and therefor
will become the main address used for outgoing packets. I have to do a renew on
the WAN interface. This will remove the alias address and put just the dhcp address on
the interface. After that I have to manually configure the alias address again.

I have tried to put a alias address in the dhcp.conf but it is cleared after each reboot.

BR
Anders