[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Anders Hagman <anders dot hagman at netplex dot se>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Alias address and DHCP
 Date:  Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:32:56 +0200
11 aug 2011 kl. 17:44 skrev Lee Sharp:

> On 08/11/2011 10:16 AM, Anders Hagman wrote:
>> Hi
>> Before I had a static address to my provider and a alias address on the WAN port.
>> The alias address is used to be able to reach my ADSL modem.
>> Now my provider has changed to DHCP and because of that I get a problem
>> after reboot.
>> The alias address is active on the interface before the dhcp address and therefor
>> will become the main address used for outgoing packets. I have to do a renew on
>> the WAN interface. This will remove the alias address and put just the dhcp address on
>> the interface. After that I have to manually configure the alias address again.
> Quick answer is to toss in another nic, and plug it into the DSL device as well.  It will have an
address in the config subnet.
Japp, You are probably right. But there is some kind of bug if an alias address is turned into
a main address if the main address is lost. You can see it as some kind of fallback but
it should return to alias if you get a new main address.

Is the reason I can´t use the dhclient.conf because m0n0wall recreates the config files, the so
called "mono"?