[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Tomas Smedberg <tomas at smedberg dot nu>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Date:  Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:46:27 +0100
Hi Tomas,

On 25.02.2004 10:18 +0100 Tomas Smedberg wrote:

> I wonder why we don't use a Forum instead of mailinglists?
> What do you people think of this?

This has been discussed before (search the archives) - we're not
going to do it, because some people (including me) don't want to have
to check dozens of different web forums for open source projects
they're interested in every day for new messages. Besides, there's
the digest for those who don't want 30+ messages per day in their
inbox (and can't filter them into separate folders).

> Would you be interested if I set up a phpBB forum for you Manuel?

No thanks - setting it up is not the problem; s0.m0n0.ch has ample
reserves and already runs PHP for other things - it's just that I
don't want a web forum.

- Manuel