[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bart Smit" <bit at pipe dot nl>
 To:  "Duncan" <monowall at neoncube dot co dot uk>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Generic PC with no VGA
 Date:  Wed, 25 Feb 2004 17:14:20 +0100 (CET)
Duncan said:

> How do I configure m0n0wall to run without VGA as so far I cant get it
> to run without (works a treat with).

My first bet would be to take the kernel config (can be extracted form
the kernel file itself), reconfigure it (take out vga and put in
serial console support), recompile, put back into m0n0wall, and be
done.

Come to think of it... that probably leaves you without upgrade
mechanism, so better yet: take a m0n0wall version that was meant to
run headless (the net4801 for instance) and modify its kernel for
ordinary PC.

I don't really know about what FreeBSD source version to use (pb22
still said "4.9-RELEASE" but there were code changes since; I don't
have a later version handy where I am now) and if there are custom
patches for m0n0wall.

Bart